Monday, September 15, 2025

♡ for the record | no. 1

I'm realizing I haven't made a record collection post yet. Then again, I'm not very consistent here. That has got to change. I tried to be clever with the name (think I'm sticking with this one). Anyhoodles, here are some records I got months ago! This post took far too long to write up for some reason, but I haven't acquired more records other than these ones. So, here are the recent additions to my collection!

First out is a double buy. There's this small record shop that opened a few years ago not far from me, and I love going in there from time to time and browsing their crates. The vibes there are amazing, and it's filled to the brim with old things – vinyls, CDs, old toys and games. Very retro, nerdy and super nostalgic, which is really fun!


I think it's mandatory for every record store to have a Beatles section, and if they don't, I'd be very suspicious. There were a few records there, a mixed bag of original albums from the 60s and new pressings, as well as solo albums. I did manage to find 
A Collection of Beatles Oldies which is a record that I've been wanting to own for many years. It features a lot of my favourite songs, too. 

And how about that cover! 




The back cover, featuring the Bug Boys

There was a name written on the top left corner (most likely the person who owned it before me),
which I think is so sweet. For privacy's sake, I've censored their name. But I love it when old
records come with names and scribbles. I think about their story, who they were, and how
they felt listening to the record. Really a magical thing to ponder over!

The artwork, done by David Christian, is so groovy and captures the essence of the of the swinging sixties so well. I know the album was released in 1966, but tell me that the guy on the cover isn't George in the late sixties

Can we talk about how good he looks here for a second? 1968-George, the man that you are.
Photo by Baron Wolman.
Spitting image I tell ya, down to the striped pants. 

That same day, I also got Lana Del Rey's Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass, which features a selection of poems from the book of the same name. I couldn't resist taking this home with me. I love spoken word poetry and hearing the poems performed, accompanied by a soft, beautiful production by Jack Antonoff, adds a whole other vibe to the book. Lana has a really sweet speaking voice, very calming. It's especially a really nice listen for warm summer days when the air feels soft.

Big Violet and Little Violet <3

There was also a vinyl fair that I went to back in April, and I had a fun time flipping through the crates there. A lot of boxes were labelled SALE! and I scoured them for Beatles records.

And then. 

I see something.

Something orange...



This is my favourite George album. I really like the production and the funky 1970s soul influences. The texture of the cover is also super cool; it really feels like a basketball! 

George Harrison - Originator of Memes

The iconery of this album packaging – he's so funny 😂

That's it for now! Until next time...