Sunday, September 14, 2025

♡ darkness there (and nothing more)

August came to a close, and we find ourselves in a strange in-between period. Too hot for sweaters and tights, too cold for summer dresses. The weather is still indecisive, swinging above and below 20 degrees. I watch for the trees on my commute. Taking notice of the leaves turning orange.  

Not just yet. 

Last week, the second half of the second season of Wednesday premiered on Netflix. As a long-time fan of Burton films, I immediately loved this show back when it first premiered in 2022 and have, like everyone else, been eagerly waiting for season 2. The first part of season 2 sent me down a rabbit hole, resulting in me watching the two Addams Family movies from the 1990s for the first time (how I've gone all this time without actually seeing them I'll never know). I've always been drawn to the character of Morticia (a Brow-spiration, if you will), and I really came to like her character on the show. Plus, her fashion this season is incredible, too.  

I’ve returned to Poe again, reading his prose and poetry on my way to work. The gothic, the melancholic and the dark prose have all left a mark on me. 

I think all this is part of the reason why I have been in a darker mood than usual. The night has inspired me, pulling me towards different textures of black. Velvet, fringes, faux furs, and lace.

There isn't a lot I want to say with this post. Maybe just showcase the kind of energy that has inspired me as of late...

"Someday we'll be buried here, side by side, six feet under,
in matching coffins, our lifeless bodies rotting together
for all eternity..."

As we get closer to the month of October, in some strange way I also feel closer to my sense of self. Because I'll finally be in the season I belong in. Not the blazing summer heat but in the dark romantic chill of late autumn. 

I can't wait. 

PHOTO CREDITS:
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 
POST TITLE:
The Raven – Edgar Allan Poe