More books. What a shocker. By now you probably know that I'm very fascinated and interested in all things Beat™. I wanted to learn more about Jack Kerouac and found these two books. Door Wide Open: A Beat Love Affair in Letters by Joyce Johnson is on one hand a collection of letters she and Jack exchanged from 1957-1958, but at the same time it's also a memoir as the letters are paired with Joyce's own explanations.
Selected Letters edited by Ann Charters is, just as the title suggests, a collection of letters by Jack Kerouac. Compared to Joyce's book, there are few passages that explain the letters. Instead, there are footnotes to explain what Jack is writing about. I'm not too sure how to categorize these books. Not quite biographies, but almost. Perhaps there's a word for this type of book. "Letter-o-graphies" perhaps?
On a different note, earlier today I also went out for some coffee with my sister after visiting the library. Lattes are lovely ♡

